We are professionals at collecting all types of unpaid debts, whether they are from failure to pay a credit card, failure to pay an invoice, or failure to pay on a contractual debt for goods or services. Sawko & Burroughs, P.C. has over 50 years of combined debt collection experience.
Debt collection is a complicated business with multiple ways in which a debt can be collected or lost. We specialize in understanding all of the methods to collect a debt, including but not limited to:
- seeking a judgment against the debtor or defending against a judgment creditor that is in the wrong
- seeking a execution
- abstracting the judgment
- filing turnovers
- filing sequestration
- filing for attachments
- filing for a receiver and acting as receivers
- filing for injunction relief
- filing writs of garnishments
- filing property seizures
- selling exempt personal and real property
- performing foreclosures of deeds of trust
- enforcing foreign judgments and filing domestication actions
- performing post-judgment discovery
- performing investigations into assets
- understanding what assets are exempt from seizure under Texas Law
- understanding and seeking remedies under the Texas and Federal Debt Collections
- using the Deceptive Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act
- filing fraudulent transfer actions
Sawko & Burroughs, P.C. specializes in the collection of ad valorem property taxes for counties, cities and school districts, and collects municipal fines and penalties for governmental entities. The firm represents multiple property tax entities and files thousands of tax suits for its clients. Property tax collections is a specialized area of mass volume collections and takes a specialty firm. The Sawko & Burroughs, P.C has developed a mass collection protocol system to perform all types of governmental account collections fast, efficient and effective.
While both Mr. Sawko and Mr. Burroughs have expertise in the area of governmental collections, Mr. Burroughs began his career in this specialty field over 30 years ago and is called upon to testify and provide his expert knowledge to legislative committees and seminars.
If you are ready to hire an Aggressive, Experienced and Successful legal team, need legal representation, would like some legal advice, or want to learn more about the legal services we offer, please contact us today! We are here, ready to discuss your legal issue(s)!